The AW139 is the market-leading intermediate twin-engine helicopter - the benchmark for safety design features, performance capabilities and productivity in challenging multi-role operations all over the world.
The aircraft features leading edge technology, including a Honeywell Primus Epic fully integrated avionics system and 4-axis digital AFCS and benefits from the best-in-class power reserve and outstanding power to weight ratio, which provides Category A performance capabilities with no limitations in a wide range of operating conditions, including ‘hot and high’.
Passengers and mission operators benefit from the largest, most comfortable cabin in the intermediate twin-engine class.
Medical Capabilities on Board
Every JAAC helicopter has been fully prepared with medical equipment for air evacuation operations. This equipment was added to ensure the Centre’s ability to provide involved medical service for all age groups and injury types during transportation, and includes:
- Heart-monitoring (ECG) and automated external defibrillator (AED) tools
- Electric and artificial respiratory equipment
- Vital sign monitoring equipment
- Oxygen and CO2 monitoring equipment
- Blood glucose monitor
- Surgical devices to secure patients and prevent lung collapse (including altimeter)
- Splints for limb injuries as well as spinal paralysis equipment
- Endotracheal intubation equipment
- Emergency medicine
- Intravenous solutions
- Specialised equipment to cease internal bleeding and handle shock
- Mobile and stationary secretion and liquid suction equipment